Bouldering at Zoolander was then discovered by Khon Kaen Climbing Club (KKCC) in Nov 2017. The Zoological Park Organization (ZPO) has officially authorized the KKCC and its affiliates to climb in the area. A Memorandum of Understanding (MOU) between ZPO and KKCC was signed in Nov 2018, making Zoolander the only climbing area in Thailand with a legitimate access authorized by a governmental agency. So far we have never had any serious accident not access problem and we would very much like to keep it that way.
KKCC highly recommend climbers at Zoolander practice standard safety procedure and to keep environmental impact to a minimum.
LEAVE NO TRACE
• Stay on trails.
• Keep the forest trash free. Pack it in. Pack it out.
• Climb on developed boulders following the topo instructions. Please consult KKCC if you want to develop new lines on boulders.
• The nearest restroom is 500 m away. That is the place for action not the forest
• Respect wildlife. We invade their home to climb.
• Adopt enhanced safety standards when climbing.
• We recommend a minimum of 2 crash pads and one spotter at any time when bouldering.
• Highball boulders (>5 m tall) should be approached with high caution, lots of pads and spotters.
• Climb in designated areas only. Do not climb on or near animal enclosures.
• If you come by car please park in designated parking areas only. Do not block traffic.
• Be considerate of other climbers, observers, zoo visitors and the environment, so that we all can have a good time together.
• Free soloing is strictly PROHIBITED.